1. Spectacular Failure (Acoustic) is song about me.
2. I Want to Dance with You (IW2DWU) is about being in love with someone and that first important (and scary) step. It's the dance of life!
3. Higher and Farther continues the love theme. I like the idea of Shakespeare's "He doth protest too much!". It was nicely done in the 10cc song "I'm not in love". It's the same deceit that I used in this song where the lyrics are saying something like "stick with me babe and you'll go far" and the truth actually is "I'm no-one, nothing and no-where without you!"
4. Our Sons are Alright is a song about realising that, despite parental fears, our kids are okay! Everything's good!
5. Little Sister is a song about a little sister!!!
6. Set Course for the Sun is an "autumnal" song about dying! (In a warm and happy way! A resigned approach.)
7. Only We Remain is a love song. This started life as a much bigger song but it was heading waaaay in the wrong direction, so this is a back to basics version. The sentiment is that "nothing can come between us", literally, because the emotion is so powerful that I could rip the world apart with my hands.
8. The End of Time (VA) was written for the Mayan End of Time contemporarily predicted for 21/12/2012 :-)
released October 10, 2010
All tracks written by Henry McMillan. (Jackson Greenhorn)
all rights reserved