1. Fuck with the Machine, is about us! Our planet! Our collective experience! Our collective consciousness! Mother Earth/Gaia as a machine.
2. Satellites is a planetary analogy about two people, and their children. (Crowded House have a song I love about "When Planets Collide!" which uses the same analogy. Also, Tasmin Archer's song "Don't blame this sleeping Satellite" is another great example)
3. I Fear to Fail is a song about me!
4. Higher is a song about religion.
5. Old Man, is a song about parental relationship - Specifically biological, but on another level also socially. My father and me... and about me and my son and every other parent and child. What, as a son or daughter, do we really know about our parents?
6. Life gets in the Way is a song about life... getting in the way... of all and any of what you might have thought your life might have been.
7. music, Music, MUSIC is a song about my feeling distant from, and unable to help someone though emotional crisis. (The title is from a line in the book "Murphy", by Samuel Beckett)
8. Chilled takes me to a warm beach at night, watching reflective lights on the sea and thinking deep thoughts (Can't remember what they were though! :-)).
9. Any day now is another reflective instrumental about waiting for the Universe to deliver dreams.
10. Godless is a song about the human condition - something more? Also, it's playing with organised religion using the medium of "hymns"
released August 25, 2006
all rights reserved